Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mademoiselle Lynn

Before you think I am interested only in local musicians, let me take you half the world away from my home. Okay, maybe not quite half the world, but eight time zones - Metz, France, to be exact. Surprisingly, Metz is home to another of my favorite singers, but that's another story.



View Larger Map

Confusingly enough, Mademoiselle Lynn is not a 'she' but a 'they'; a duo composed of singer Charlyne and songwriter Manu. Charlyne, according to their website, was born in the suburbs of Brussels, and is a  descendant of the great classical composer Handel. Manu (Brett) is a singer-songwriter, classical pianist and graduate of the conservatory of pianist Christophe Maé. The two sought funding to make their first album on the crowd-funding site Akamusic. They convinced 613 people to invest not less than €80,000 in just weeks. The result is "Touche pas à ça !", a delightful 12-track disk, almost all in French. I, of course, do not let such a small thing as not understanding the lyrics stop me from enjoying this music. Here is the first single, 'Addict de toi'



Alternatively, M-Lynn has recently posted a lyrics version of the video.




In the US, "Touche pas à ça !" is available to download on iTunes, Amazon, and perhaps more that I don't know about. The physical CD is available through Amazon, but it is a bit pricey as an import.

I'm totally in the dark as to whether this will work, but another favorite track may be available on Spotify. Please let me know if it works!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment